Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Sixteen: New Grids

New Grids by mothersofgut





This basically started as what I planned to be the friendliest and most welcoming song ever.
The parts fell together so quickly and organically, with hardly any obstacles. I showed Ryan Beal the initial loops taken from a Sublime Frequencies comp I'd rediscovered last night, and he started coming up with parts immediately. He even let me take a 5 minute nap while he mixed the drums.
Our good and dear friends Ryan Bergmann and Amanda Martin paid us a visit, and we discussed the finer things in life like having puppies and the various ways of getting them to stop peeing in the house.

Lyrics:
Please stay, you're always welcome.
Please stay, you're always welcome.
My home, I open to you.
Rest well: Forget tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo you guys! Am diggin this jam real hard, esp the sweet pulsing and friendly cobra snakes i met on the way to india (upon listening to this song, of course) :)

    ReplyDelete