Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day Thirty - Por Que Te Vas

Por Que Te Vas by mothersofgut



This is the only cover song I decided to work on, though there were a few candidates (Townes Van Zandt being one), and Kristina performs this so well, I figured it's the last day so I get to do whatever the hell I want.
The original was recorded by Latin pop queen Jeanette, in case you want to check it out (I highly recommend it).
Also, I've uploaded the last ten days into a folder, like the other twenty.
You can download it for free HERE.
Thanks for listening. Maybe tomorrow when my brain isn't scrambled eggs, I'll post some thank yous and such.


Lyrics:
Hoy en mi ventana brilla el sol
Y el corazón se pone triste contemplando la ciudad
Porque te vas

Como cada noche desperté pensando en ti
Y en mi reloj todas las horas vi passar
Porque te vas

Todas las promessas de mi amor se irán contigo
Me olvidaras, me olvidaras
Junto a la estación lloraré igual que un niño
Porque te vas, porque te vas

Bajo la penumbra de un farol se dormirán
Todas las cosas que quedaron por decir se dormirán
Junto a las manillas de un reloj despejarán
Todas las horas que quedaron por vivir esperarán

No comments:

Post a Comment